- US Mail:
- 1105 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
- Electronic Mail:
- Lead Test Engineer with experience testing web applications, web services, web traffic aggregation, and distributed applications. Experienced deploying and testing software with a variety of tools, simulators, scripts, and simulated network latency. Participated in Scrum & SAFe agile teams or groups of teams developing and testing applications. More than 20 years of test experience and several years of software development before that.
Tools, Training, and Certifications:
- Windows 7 & 10, Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Pitbull (a RHEL based secure OS)
- GIT, Jira, Xray, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Selenium Webdriver, VMWare VSphere, Bugzilla, Testopia, Perforce, RTC, RQM, SOAP UI
- Languages and Markup:
- Technical Training:
- Technical Certification:
- Scrum Master, Security +
- Leadership Training:
- Dale Carnegie, Effective Communications and Human Relations
- Smith College Women's Leadership Training, From Specialist to Strategist
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Mathematics
- Senior Principle Test Engineer (July 2004 - February 2020)
- Various Roles over time
Test Lead for CPOF, an army command briefing and status tool. Authored system test plans and release test reports. Updated test servers and clients with latest software. Planned user test exercises with multiple people collaborating on same work products. Wrote and ran manual tests, simulators, and script tools for load testing as well as leak testing of thick clients. Ran multiple servers and 30 clients with simulated network latency to test the distributed server configuration with latency in deployed systems.
- Integration testing for Web Services expansion toolkit. Tested service calls to and from 3rd party applications. Used SOAP UI to test and debug the service calls. Tested tools used for building UI and application logic. Tested the 3rd party interfaces in Army Integration Labs with other contractors.
- Lab Coordinator. Deployed application software, system patches, and created and configured VM images as needed. Installed and configured Windows and Linux clients and servers.
- Information System Security Officer, ISSO, in test labs. Performed log audits, applied anti-virus updates, created security documents, and helped with government security audits.
- Front-End Test Automation. Wrote Selenium Webdriver scripts to test Web Applications. Added the scripts to the build system and ran tests hourly as an availability checker.
- Scrum Master and Tester for WINT Network Status Dashboard. Tested and ran scrum team to create a simple status dashboard for the Army WINT network. Provided test support throughout application development including the final government witnessed release test.
- Support and Training for Army software exercises. Installed and configured application software, performed lab maintenance, provided help desk support, and provided user training.
- Mentor to new testers and developers teaching tools, applications, test strategies, and known pitfalls.
Commission Junction (Formerly BeFree, Inc.)
- Quality Engineer (September 1999 - July 2004)
- Lead Quality Engineer responsible for testing Web and GUI for high volume e-commerce affiliate marketing system. Responsibilities included requirements and design review, test planning, data center migration testing, and system testing. Testing included automation for web link testing, manual testing, and SQL queries to validate data aggregation and correctness. Additional responsibilites included definition and setup of test labs and equipment, and implementation of defect tracking system and process.
- Quality Engineer (November 1998 - September 1999)
- Lead Quality Engineer responsible for testing Web and desktop UIs for knowledge based systems. The UIs enabled users to author and view knowledgebase content for help desk and customer service applications using Oracle or SQL server as content repositories. Responsibilities included requirements review, writing test plans, running tests, coordinating other testers, test lab configuration, and building databases.
- Quality Assurance Analyst (November 1997 - November 1998)
- Testing designer and implementation specialist for the Claritech natural language toolkit. Testers were responsible for writing test applications and release testing of the C++ API with existing test class code and applications. As primary tester for the multi-threading release, I ensured the server was robust and authored the test scripts to run the threaded tests. An additional side project was implementation of a simple Bug Tracking Database for developers and testers.
The NetBill Project, Information Networking Institute, CMU
- Testing Coordinator (October 1995 - October 1997)
- Testing coordinator for NetBill, a secure, web-based, electronic commerce project. Responsible for functional testing of all Unix and Windows clients and Unix servers. Testing activities included design reviews, installation and configuration testing, end-to-end testing, and design and implementation of C++ test classes.
- Senior Software Engineer (April 1994 - October 1995)
- Development/support assembler programmer providing support for a proprietary banking transaction processing monitor, Inquiry (similar to CICS).
UPMC Mercy (Formerly Pittsburgh Mercy Health Systems)
- System Support Specialist (August 1993 - April 1994)
- Support programmer coordinating the conversion of three hospitals from a remote processor to an in-house processor for SMS INVISION Financial System.
- Senior Software Engineer (September 1989 - January 1990)
- Senior systems assembler programmer/analyst responsible for analysis, coding, testing, and documentation of the enhanced VSAM processing release of DUSP, a disk backup/restore utility.
Cerner Health Systems (Formerly SMS, Inc.)
- Advanced Programmer/Analyst (August 1983 - June 1989)
- Subsystems assembler programmer/analyst responsible for development and support of application and user for hospital patient care/financial systems running on a CICS platform.